Advocating For You After An Injury
No matter how careful you might be, you can’t always avoid the negligence of others. If you were hurt in an accident due to another person’s fault, you should be able to recover from these injuries without having to worry about endless medical bills. Remember to consult your attorney immediately because in New York there are different statute of limitations that apply ranging from 90 days to three years depending on who is at fault.
- Motor vehicle accidents are unfortunately the most common type of personal injury and can result in long-lasting injuries. Something as seemingly commonplace as whiplash can mean losing the ability to work and leaving you without financial resources. Our team of investigators and experts will determine the details of your case, who was at fault and what compensation you may be entitled to.
- Slips and falls can be caused by things like wet floors, uneven sidewalks or poor lighting, among other factors. The owners of the property where these accidents take place may be liable for compensating you after an injury. Our attorneys are determined to hold negligent parties accountable and get you back on your feet.
- Construction injuries can happen due to the nature of the work itself or by various hazards you might encounter on the job. Falls from scaffolding, toxic chemical exposure and defective equipment are some of the reasons an injury might occur at a construction site. While most employers have their workers’ safety at the top of their mind, it is important for you to get the relief you need after these unfortunately common accidents.
- Dog bites are often tragic and life-changing. Permanent injuries and scarring are common results of dog bite incidents. Make sure you work with a legal team that will help you get full compensation after an animal attack.
- Our lawyers also handle wrongful death claims on behalf of survivors and estates. It is important to make sure the loved ones of the accident victim are fairly compensated and provided for. Our lawyers have decades of experience handling wrongful death claims in New York.
The extent and seriousness of injuries are not always immediately apparent. Even if you believe your injuries are minor, make sure you get checked out by a doctor and keep records. Remember that the statute of limitations in New York allows you only three years from the date of an accident to file for a claim.
Steps To Take After An Injury
The first thing to do after an injury is to get the medical attention you need. But there are some other very important steps to keep in mind:
- After being treated for your injury, make sure to keep all documentation or invoices from the clinic or hospital.
- Report the injury to your employer or construction site manager.
- Contact anyone who may have witnessed the accident in order to strengthen your case.
- Consult your attorney immediately to insure that proper claims are timely filed.
Taking these precautions after your injury can mean the difference between being stuck with costly medical bills and getting compensation for injuries due to others’ negligence.
Attorneys On Your Side
No matter the type of injury you are suffering, if it was someone else’s fault, they should be held accountable. The attorneys at Robbins & Johnson, P.C. are well-versed in this area of law and are ready to help secure the compensation you need and deserve. Set up a free consultation by calling 716-486-3174 or by using our online contact form. Please remember that New York allows no more than 3 years to bring a suit to recover damages, and in many cases much less than that.