After The Loss Of A Loved One

Anytime a loved one dies, it is a difficult time for the whole family. However, when the death is caused by someone else’s negligence, and when the death would have been avoidable, it makes it even worse for families. If you have lost someone you love due to someone else’s negligence, you deserve to be compensated for your losses.

Located in Jamestown, New York, our lawyers at Robbins & Johnson, P.C. have been helping accident victims and their families for more than 45 years. We understand that you are facing an extremely difficult time. Our lawyers will handle your case with compassion and care, and we will work to make sure you get the compensation you deserve.

Determining Whether You Have A Claim

One of the first questions people have in these cases is whether they have a claim or who is allowed to bring a claim.

In general, if the accident victim would have been able to bring a claim, then the immediate family could bring a wrongful death claim. It is important to note that not just anyone who was close to the accident victim can bring a wrongful death claim in New York. It has to be a parent, a child or a spouse of the victim, generally. There are some exceptions, including siblings in certain cases, but in general, those are the legal limitations.

Obtaining Compensation

In a wrongful death claim, you could obtain compensation for:

  • Loss of companionship
  • Medical bills
  • Loss of financial support of the victim
  • Funeral costs

One of the most important factors involves determining the value of the financial support of the accident victim. Our attorneys know how the court calculates the probable life-long value of this financial contribution, so we can make sure you are getting the best compensation award available.

Although this type of compensation cannot change the tragedy that has occurred, we can help you obtain a measure of justice and the financial support you need to provide for yourself and your family.

Contact Robbins & Johnson, P.C.

Schedule a consultation with an attorney from our firm. Call 716-486-3174 or email us today.